Tuesday, May 24, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

HR made a job offer to the candidate we interviewed last Friday.  He seems to be a good kid, well motivated and with a reasonable skill set for what we want him to do. If he accepts and all goes well (drug testing, that sort of thing) he'll start on the 31st. That'll give us 4 days to work with him before I go to the forum, and he's tossed to the lions.

I'm not overly concerned about that...we have most of our systems and procedures well documented in a wiki, so he'll have a good resource to fall back on. He'll just have to remember to search the entire wiki, and not expect things to be under logical headings.

I really look forward to him starting, as it'll take a lot of the load off me when it comes to end user support, and give me the time I need to complete my current projects, which include migrating to Exchange 2010 and finishing up my project to upgrade our AD infrastructure to 2008R2.  I've only one DC left to go on that, and if things are quiet this week, I may be able to get it done before he starts.

When next we meet, I'll be starting the narrative describing our migration from VMware ESX 4.0 to ESXi 4.1. Spoiler alert for those expecting trials, travails and horrors...it's actually pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment