Saturday, April 2, 2011

Taking the plunge

I decided to start a blog in response to my wifes having moved to Kentucky to take care of her elderly parents. This means that I'm living solo in Memphis, with 2 cats for company. I dont get out much, not really having integrated into Memphis society. As a result, and being afflicted with a genetic predisposition to talk a lot, I find myself having detailed interactions with the feline roommates. Now, anyone who has ever lived with a cat knows that they have the uncanny ability to look like they are not only listening, but understand every nuance of the conversation. Unfortunately, they also don't look like they they think much of what I have to say. If you follow along for this ride, you'll get to know both Julian and Mikey all too well.

This morning I got up bright and early and went to a large urban park here in Memphis called Shelby Farms. A few months ago I bought a used 35mm camera, and I wanted to go try it out. Having walked way too far, given my abysmal physical condition, i managed to get some pretty good shots (for a total neophyte, that is) including some pretty good ones of the buffalo herd at the park.

I also ended up with a swollen left foot, which I'm treating with generic ibuprofen and a heating pad. Both of the cats have both expressed a complete lack of sympathy, simultaneous with requests to share the heating pad. I say, sympathy first, sharing therapeutic devices second. They, as usual, replied with their usual snide comments, which I ignored with dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment