Friday, April 8, 2011

April in Memphis

A week ago the weather in Memphis was perfect...lows in the mid-40's, highs in the 60's and low humidity.  A few days ago it got down into the 30's at night, and I actually had the heat on for a bit.  Today it hit 82, with the humidity pushing 60%, and is supposed to be 88 tomorrow. I guess it's a good thing that I plan on working most of the day...our offices are cooled (or heated, as needed) on the weekends, and that means I can stay comfortable on the companies dime, not mine.  The cats can find comfort where they can...for all that they're stuck in a fur coat, I'v not seen that they suffer too badly, and will even hang out in a handy  patch of sun when I'm in shorts and sitting in front of a fan.

I think the thing that really gets me is that early April is supposed to be when you can open up the house, and be comfortable, maybe even be thinking of putting a bit of glass back in those holes.  Instead, I'm not only thinking of closing everything back up, but turning the AC on.  It's times like this that I really do miss the pacific northwest.  Nah....I just be bitching about the rain if I was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment