Sunday, July 31, 2011

9:20 Sunday morning

It's a beautiful day in Memphis, assuming that you don't have to be outside. I know that much of people's bitching about the heat ( or cold, for that matter ) is from not being acclimated to it.  I endured the heat and humidity when I was growing up, and managed to survive. I've upped the thermostat in the apartment to 80 during the day when I'm not here, and no lower than 75 for when I am here. I was trying to cut Gayle some slack when she's here by lowering it even more, but she wears a sweater here, so I guess I should stop. Anyway, I know I should get out of the house more, if for no other reason to up my ability to do so.  I have to admit that I do let the temperature keep me from doing things outdoors, and that's just wrong.

Sundays are my cleaning day.  Oh, I pick up around the house through the week, but this is the day when I do laundry/dust/vacuum/mop/clean bathroom. Ok, maybe not mop, but I have good intentions. With Gayle being here this week, I'd like it to be at least tolerably clean.  I also have to go to the store, for the stuff that Gayle eats and I don't.  Not much, just things like white bread and decaf Coke.

The boys came within a gnat's whisker of dying this morning. Mikey howling and trying to tear the blinds off the window in the bedroom, and Julian trying to set the record for number of times he sneezed in my face, after pawing me to get my attention.  I finally got up and fed them, just to get some peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment