Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday in the Park

Having typed that title, now I've got the Chicago song stuck in my head. Oh, well, I really liked early Chicago.

Gayle was here this week, which is always fun.  She spent her entire time at home in the kitchen, canning pickles and taco meat.  I managed to keep some of the pickles, but the taco meat all ended up in Arlington. Given my druthers, it'd have been the other way around. But, she'll be back in 3 weeks for the birthday/anniversary visit, and so hopefully she'll bring some back then.

The temperature in Memphis this week has been about what you expect and dread for August...actual highs over 100 (that's over 38 to fans of the metric system), with humidity to match.  We finally got a good thunderstorm out of it yesterday, which brought the temps down into the upper 70's, but with near 100% humidity that wasn't really much of a relief.

Work was busy this week, with the beginning of the PACs migration having begun. Since this is my on-call week, I've got a nice stack of work to do later today, mainly converting a physical server to virtual, and changing the location of all of my users home directories.  No sweat, right?

My sister has talked me into going to DragonCon with her in Atlanta this year.  This is a scifi / fantasy convention that she goes to every year.  It seems like every year she takes someone with her who'd rather be eating bark than having gone to the con, which usually makes it not as fun as it should be for Lynn. Well, I like scifi and fantasy, will put up with the lines (tho don't expect me to pony up cash for autographs...I'm of the opinion that the actors and such should be paying me for being such a fan!) and will do my damndest to make sure that she has the time of her life. After all, what are brothers for?

I'll obviously be giving the full rundown on the Con when I get back, and will even get Gayle to show me how to post pictures on the @#$#$#@ blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment