Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF

The end of one hell of a week, and I couldn't be happier.  After that last post, I went into the office for what I thought was going to be an hour or two.  Four + hours later, and I called it a day, planning to rest and get back to it on Sunday.  After about 4 hours on Sunday, I had finally gotten all of my users home folders moved, the Citrix users back functioning the way they were supposed to be ( I got blind-sided by a few undocumented settings ) except for their autocorrects, which was finally working again around 9am Monday morning.  I had to completely rebuild both of my vCenter servers, as the P2V failed, then (hmmm...think this might have something to do with the vm failing?) the physical server crashed. So, by then a rebuild was just easier than scratchin' my head for hours to find the error, and I rebuilt my 2nd vCenter server just 'cause I was on a roll.

The workweek was busy as hell, but nothing major...just a lot of small things, and users suffering from summertime stupidosis. For some reason this didn't really bother me as much as it usually does.  I guess I'm finally getting accepting of the fact that a sizable percentage of my users will never learn anything more about how their computers work than "I click the same link on the screen, and then do the same thing that I always do." And the Gods help us all if ANYTHING is different, because they just can't comprehend that there's always multiple ways of getting to something on a computer.

Matter of fact, I had a harder time with coworkers than users this week, and that just 'cause I can get crabby at times.

The cats are both still breathing, which was a near thing a couple of times this week. Whenever you're wore out, and keep getting woken up by one or the other of these oblivious animals (oblivious to how close they are to sudden death, that is), it's hard to stay calm and understanding.  Mikey howls, and Julian drive-by sneezes, seemingly in a coordinated attack.  Maybe I've been watch too much Military Channel?

No comments:

Post a Comment