Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lethargy, sweet lethargy

It's 1:30 on a wonderful Saturday afternoon, and I'm partially drowsing to a Sci Channel show "What the Ancients Knew", featuring the Greeks.  They're talking about the tricks used by the architects of the Parthenon to make it "look" like it's perfect.  I wonder if they used the same tricks in the replica in Nashville. Even if you've been to the original, the replica is well worth going to.  The huge gilded statue of the goddess in the middle is worth the trip, even if you don't go through the art gallery that the building houses.

The physical therapy session I had yesterday was interesting.  I'd ran out of the pain patch, so the therapist plopped a cortisone patch on, which had to be held in place with tape.  Today I've not had but maybe one litttle twinge in my tendon, which is very promising. I'll be seeing him daily beginning Monday, so that he can work on it a little bit more before I leave for Atlanta Wednesday afternoon. I'm really hoping that this makes DragonCon more enjoyable, and pain free.

The concert Thursday evening was wonderful.  We had excellent seats and really enjoyed the performance. The musicianship was amazing, and the harmonies were exactly what you expect from Allison and the band. We ate at a "gastro-pub" called South of Beale a few blocks from the Orpheum Theater where the show was.  The food was good, the service almost intrusive, but pleasant until I remembered that I'd left the tickets at home.  So, we run for the car (which I'd already paid $15 to park) and rush home to get them, then back downtown.  We got back in plenty of time for the show, and Gayle got to rag me about always rushing around and forgetting something important.

The cats are always bewildered when Gayle comes home.  It takes them a few hours to remember that she's someone who belongs here. The best thing for me is that if i want to sleep in, like I did this morning (I didn't get up til 10am!) they split their time between trying to make me get up and bugging her to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment