Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday, and alls hell

I slept in this morning, which has come to be somewhere around 8:30 on a weekend. Mikey was frantic to get in the frakin' bathtub to get a drink of water ( he likes to drink from the faucet, with the water trickling), so I let him have at it while I put down their food. He came into the kitchen where I feed them and promptly yacked up all the water he'd just drank.  I think that he sheds so much that he really can't get rid of fur balls without the aid of H2O.  All I really know if that it's one hell of a mess, and not something for a person with delicate sensibilities to have to deal with this early in the day.

I was going to drive up to Kentucky to mow the in-laws yard, as Gayle doesn't do well in the heat.  However, we figured out that one of the ladies that sits her parents when she's needing a break will mow it for about 1/2 of what it costs for me to drive up there.  So, I told Gayle to get Sandy to mow it, and to give her a big tip from me. I actually don't mind mowing anymore ( as a kid I despised mowing as it was a required chore and we had a huge  yard to do, using a cheap K-Mart push mower ) but doing their yard would entail getting up, drive about 2 hours to west Kentucky, mowing for a couple of hours, then driving back. Senile as her dad is, I'm sure he'd eventually remember that he wishes that I'd die in a fire. I'm not senile yet, and don't have to wait for my opinion of him to make itself known.  I like Gayle's mom, but if I were a believer, I'd be hitting the knees nightly praying for that miserable old shit to die in a quick, horrendous fashion.

This might make me look to some to be a bad person, wishing for a 90 year old man to suffer.  Well, if you knew this man, you'd be wishing it too.  When Gayle and I got together, I was excited to have more family (mine being large, but fairly insane...and I don't mean that metaphorically). We made the horrendous mistake of moving in  together before we got married, and her dad cut off all ties while we were living in sin. I wrote a formal letter to him, introducing myself and pretty well doing the old fashion asking for his daughters hand.  3 years later, during a visit to Kentucky, he and I were out on the usual round of places that he took me every time we visited. He asked if I remembered the letter I had sent him.  I answered that of course I remembered it.  He said "I didn't answer it because I just didn't want to." For him, that was reason enough, and I guess it was reason enough for me, too.  I kept trying, and he kept doing his damnedest to make me go away.  He finally got his wish, as I'll next be under his roof when he's in a casket.  I was raised to not task a person in their own home, and to respect my elders.  The only way for me to do this now, even with him senile, is to avoid being withing 20 miles of him.  May he rest in peace, and that, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment