Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Long December....

Just read Gayle's blog, with the picture of the snow they got this week. I just hope this isn't a preview of how this winter is going to go. While I think snow is lovely to look at, there's way too many people who have zero idea of how to drive in it. With my plans to be in Kentucky most weekends, that'll definitely be a consideration.

I woke up the morning after getting back from the holiday/funeral in Arlington with a scratchy throat. It's progressed from that to a full on cold, with coughing, runny nose, etc. Gayle says that everyone up there is perfectly healthy, so I guess I'll either have to blame the girl that served me food at the drive through on the way home, or my pet sitter that I get to watch the boys when I'm going to be gone for more than a weekend.

I'll be starting to pack up the apartment this weekend, and will hopefully get the upstairs pretty well done.  I'll need to see how Gayle want's me to handle her clothes closet...which will probably be me hauling the contents up to her in Arlington the next time I head up.  This won't be til Christmas, as the weekends before that will be taken up by company holiday party, an on-call weekend, and my family's get together in Oak Ridge on the 17th. I get the Friday before Christmas and the Monday after off, so that'll be a nice long visit. After Christmas I'll be in Kentucky pretty much every weekend that I'm not on call at the clinic.  The boys I work with might not take that very seriously, but the IT manager and I both do.

Along with her clothes, I figure I'll get at least one of Gayle's spinning wheels up to her. She always does best when she's got busy hands, and spinning will be better than PC solitaire!

Both cats have been sleeping with me for months now.  The biggest problem with that is that Mikey will plop down on my left side, and stretch out trying to see if he can get all of his back from tail tip to head touching me. Then Jules will do the same on my right side, except he prefers to lead with his rump. This pretty well leaves me  a body width area to sleep in, when I should be having the majority of a queen size bed to toss and turn on. Since switching to my winter sheets and comforter (t-shirt material sheets, and a heavy comforter over that) this is entirely unacceptable.  So, I spend the first hour of the night saying no, and shoving cats away. Eventually, I get to sleep, only to wake up to plaster cat on the left, butt-print cat on the right, and me unable to move. This results in cats being banned from the bed, at least until I'm back asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment