Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh, yeah....tropical storms

My travels to and from Dragon*Con took me from Memphis to Oak Ridge, Tennessee, then to Atlanta.  The return trip was the same in reverse...all to pick up my sister in east Tennessee. The trip back took me into tropical storm Lee about the time I hit Nashville heading west. Heavy rain and wind wasn't helped by heavy traffic.

I bought a pair of clip on sunglasses a while back that are yellow tinted and mainly used on the shooting range.  Well, I'm here to tell you that they work just fine to see through the spray and haze of heavy rain on the interstate. Even with their help, I probably had a good 15 mph cut off my average travel speed.  However, as the rain was needed in most places, I can't really complain, especially since I made it home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment