Tuesday, July 24, 2012

No, I'm not dead...

I just post that way.

I knew it had been a while, but I really thought I'd posted something since April. It's not that I've had nothing to say...I've just not had the time to say it!

Since we last spoke, I've either been working in Memphis, or working in Arlington. Gayle's uncle Charles was kidding with her, wanting to know how I was enjoying driving to Kentucky every weekend I could just to work my ass off. It's not really that bad, but mowing the 5 acres and doing the weed eating, along with picking up any and all limbs that have fallen is pretty much all I can pull off on a Saturday, and I usually head back to Memphis by 11am on Sunday. So, not much rest from having put in at least 45  to 50 hours during the week at the clinic. On top of that, we've also had a major software upgrade, which (of course) happened on a weekend that I wasn't on call. Two weeks ago I went to Kentucky early Friday afternoon, and stayed through Monday. That weekend I didn't do a damned thing but sit, read and watch the tube. I'm sure that deep down Gayle wishes that I'd done something, but she was sweet enough to let me slide, and get some rest.

Both of the cats are really starting to show their age...Jules is 15, and Mikey is somewhere in that range. Mikey is getting to where he can't get up on anything that's taller than 18 inches, and Julian... well, if Jules was human, he'd be shaking his cane and yelling for everyone to get off his lawn! Like me, they have good days and bad. On the bad ones, Mikey tries to get me reported for animal abuse, as he howls his head off, sounding like he's being tortured. I'm never sure if he's just being noisy, if he's in pain, or if he's trying to contact the mother ship.

I'm not having much luck at all on job prospects in the Purchase. Every headhunter who contacts me is wanting me for positions that are 100+ miles away.  Sheesh, with Paducah, Mayfield, Murray and Fulton all driving distance from Arlington, you'd think that there would be some IT jobs. It'd just be nice to be able to actually live in the same zip code as Gayle.

See, the downside to going months without posting.  All you do is bitch, bitch bitch.

Ok, more later, and hopefully in less than 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment