Sunday, April 8, 2012

What? It's April already?

Well, so much for good intentions. I really never expect a month to pass between entries in this blog, and find that I'm pretty surprised when it does.  So, to catch up...

Arlington first. I've gotten to where I can mow the yard in about 3 hours, and have only gotten the mower stuck in the mud once. I was there this weekend, and got a good start on modifying the garage to hold the pickup truck I traded my Infiniti for. We discovered the first time we pulled it in that it was about 6 inches too long for the garage door to close.  So, I'll be removing the shelving units in the back of the garage to give it that extra 6 inches.  However that'll not be until the 28th, as I'm on call next weekend, and the one after that has me migrating our electronic medical records software to new servers. So, Gayle will have to keep the grass at bay until then.  However, I have the truck with me in Memphis, as I have to get it inspected and tagged here, to keep the finance company happy. So that means she has the Kia, which probably makes her happier.  However, since it cost me $78 bucks to fill the truck up on the way home, and she drives a lot less than I do, she'll be the one keeping the pickup as her main vehicle.

Now for Memphis.  As I mentioned, we're upgrading a lot of software at the clinic. 2 weeks after I migrate the EMR software to the new servers, we're upgrading that software to the latest version, which allows for all the new federal regulations. After that, I'll be upgrading us to VMware 5.1, and the from Exchange 2007 to 2010. Most of this work will be done on weekends when I'm on call, and can't go to Arlington, to maximize the time I have up there.

I'm listing with any and every headhunter firm that covers west Kentucky.  For now, however, it appears that none of these are actually in west Kentucky, and I'm finding that headhunters don't believe in checking maps before calling with "the perfect opportunity". Yeah, right.  Perfect except for the 190 mile commute each way.  Sheesh, I've been pretty emphatic on not relocating, and not being willing to drive 4 hours to get to work. Oh, well, eventually something will crop up. Until then, it's me and the boys in Memphis!

No comments:

Post a Comment