Monday, November 14, 2011

tempus fugit

And not just when you're having fun.

I was just looking at Gayle's blog, and saw that her last post had her suffering from a massive case of the "don't want to's". This condition seems to be continuing, as she's not posted anything since. I can relate, though not quite to her level of infection.  I've tons of stuff I should be doing, such as packing up the shop upstairs, and starting on my stuff.  But every time I walk up those stairs and look at ALL THAT STUFF, I just can't bring myself to start putting it in boxes.  Well, I'm on call this weekend, and have a partially planned out Saturday of work, so maybe I'll just give it up and get to it.  I could probably get the majority of the stuff boxed up in a day, if I just kept too it.

Of course, I've been saying that for a few months now....

I think one of the underlying causes of this for both of us is the sheer uncertainty of our current existence.  We live hours apart, and don't have any way to plan for the next six months, let alone anything past that. We're both of an age when we should be able to do things, like vacations, or spur of the moment weekends at the beach.  Instead, we sit in our respective houses, just existing day to day, waiting for this purgatory to finally end.

On that depressing note, I'll shut the hell up and get back to existing. Mikey has just jumped up to remind me that cats are masters at the living day to day, and that they pretty well prefer it that way, assuming that food, water, belly rubs and the occasional treat are in good supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment