Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Birthday to the United States

It's the weekend before the fourth of July, and Exchange 2013 has me on the ropes.

I started our move from Exchange 2007 to 2013 three weeks ago. That didn't go that well, mainly because I didn't give everyone enough notice that email would be unavailable during the weekend I was upgrading. So, after 8 hours of work, I was asked by the chief of staff to get the old server back up, which I did. So, I gave weeks worth of notice for this weekend, and gave options for getting mail. Then, I couldn't get things working correctly. I got about 3/4 of things working on the new server, but the 1/4 that didn't work were deal breakers. So, as per my project plan, when I got to 1pm today, I backed everything back to the Exchange 2007 server.  This mainly tells me I need to talk to somebody that's already been down this migration road, and can tell me where I'm screwing the pooch.

I'm hoping to be in Arlington for 4 days this week. This is dependent on the boss letting me have Friday off. My fingers are crossed. It's just so much better to be with Gayle for more than 42 hours during a weekend. Since I have to try to keep the yard up, that means that Saturdays are spent on the mower and using the weed whacker. And that means that the actual time I get to spend with Gayle is pretty minimal.

Ok, now we'll have to see if I can average more than one post per 3 months. As a nod to my sister, we're under 2 months away from Dragon*Con!

Bummer! Less than 2 months from Dragon*Con! I've got to get cracking on modifying my SteamPunk costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment