Thursday, February 7, 2013

influenza attacks!

I woke up in the middle of the night last Friday feeling uncomfortable, and woke up Saturday morning with a full on case of the flu. Temps over 102, chest full, along with my sinuses. The fever finally broke Monday evening, and with only a couple of bounces has stayed down. My chest is still full of congestion, making most breaths sound like a bellows with holes shot in it. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate being sick? I've really not been this sick in over 20 years, and I really hope it's another 20 before it happens again.

Fortunately, I had Julian the sneezing cat to take care of me. Gayle mostly wrote smartass texts about how men are such babies when they're a little under the weather, and that I should not even consider coming up this weekend unless I was over everything. Well, I'm over everything enough to go to work (people at the clinic are avoiding me, and spraying lysol whenever I've been around), so I guess I'm good to go to Kentucky, regardless of how much I sound like an escapee from a TB ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment